Wedding Week Recap....
Kirk & I headed to GB America on Wednesday afternoon. The jeep was packed to the max...wedding dress & all. Believe it or not I didn't forget a thing.
We even managed to fit two pups in the jeep.
On our way to get married...all smiles!
The next day I was up bright and early for a practice hair due. I was lucky enough to drag Megs along & Abby did a great job. Veil is on & starting to feel like a bride!
My dancin hair look...
Next on the agenda was nails & toes. Miss Lori was absolutely fabulous...and Axium or Shallack is totally the way to go these days.
Then on to check on the Knights of Columbus & how it was all coming along. So glad that I did not have to partake in decorating. Have I ever mentioned that I am absolutely TERRIBLE at decorating.
Day Friday started off with meeting Meg and my sistas and niece for manis & pedis.
Hey Goofballs...
Pretty Megs
Denise...check out that spray tan (thanks Meg)
How cute is she...
Mother & Daughter
After the manis & pedis I hit up the Page with all my girlfriends to get ready for Rehearsal Dinner. At this point I was starting to get a little nervous so nothing like meeting up with your favorite people to have some drinks.
Rehearsal went smoothly and then we all headed to Delgados for dinner. OMG it was soooo good....it's pretty much a GB thing but I believe it's the best Mexican food ever! On Saturday I couldn't breathe or eat all day and the only thing that sounded good was more Delgados.
My Besties before Rehearsal...
Ethan & Kirk...E lights up every time he sees him!
Have I ever mentioned how HOT my friends are?? :) I believe there was a rumor going around that God was a very happy man at the Rehearsal....
And how much I LOVE her?!
And last but not least how much I LOVE my fam!
And here is where the trouble begins.
Groom and Groom's Dad...can ya tell?
My Bad Ass MOH and she's been quite the wild one lately :)
I believe we have been over-served...
So after a night of fun at Charlies Wedding Day was finally here. I woke up bright and early Saturday ready to rock & roll. Our morning started at 8am with some Champagne & McD's breakfast burritos. We are the classiest :)
Flower Girl...
Meg maybe a tad bit hungover...
Me & Toots
Me and Denise
Cal my love
Almost Mrs. Calhoon!!!
Next stop was the church...time to get this show on the road.
Oh my dress...I was absolutely in LOVE with it. But here is the thing....my alterations lady who was absolutely amazing told me when I saw her about 2 weeks before the wedding to pretty much not eat. Like no sodium & no soda. Ok well no eating just doesn't work for this chick....I LOVE food. No sodium...WTH. I did however give up my Diet Coke for about 2 solid weeks. I might have had one here or there but no route 44's from Sonic. But back to the dress...did I mention that I loved it?! Did I mention that it was tight as hell and my alterations lady was not kidding when she told me not to eat. Did I also mention that I had PHB (Pizza Hut Buffet...read here if you need to know more) the first night I was home and might have went through the line like twice. Oh and that I had a ton of Mexican food the night before...hey fatty!!! But after 3 girls later the dress was on. I was a
My gorgeous Mother....she should seriously be an event planner because she was AMAZING!
Check out these hotties!!!
Pretty Em
Check out this Flower Girl pose. Can she get any dang cuter and I also told her I would buy her whatever she wants if she was a good girl. Her response was "I have to think about it." Then about 2 minutes later she told me she would love a doll house. Welp a doll house it is! Does this give you any idea of what kind of parent I'm going to be?! And another shout-out to my mama because this dress was made with love...like no pattern made with love.
I love this pic
The most amazing B-MAIDS a girl could ask for....
Handsome boys & check out how much M loves her new Uncle Coco
The Penka girls...
Oh and lets not forget about the fact that Kirk thought the night before his wedding was Bach Party #2. So we got to the church at 11 and I still hadn't talked to Kirk which I thought was normal except for the fact that he wasn't there yet and was suppose to be there with all of his groomsman at 11. And he knows I'm super anal about being on time. So I wasn't freaking out yet but by 11:45 and still no Kirk I was freaking out. Pics were to start at 12 and his phone was dead and no answer. So finally at 12:15 he answers his phone and he is on his way. I
The actual ceremony went wonderful. My dad got me down the isle and got me to my groom. The day, the weather, the everything was absolutely perfect and would not have changed a thing. Here are a few more pics. Thanks to all my family and friends who made this day absolutely wonderful. We love you ALL!!!! And sorry for the LONGEST post ever!
Just a few more pics I promise...
This was the funniest thing ever...right before Pastor Tom started the sermon I hear Mama "help!" TOOO FUNNY!!
Mr. & Mrs. Calhoon
I love you Husband. I love our "Happily Ever After."







LOVE this post! Who cares how long it is! You were such a GORGEOUS bride and what fun we had :) So glad we could be there to celebrate you and Kirk's happily ever after!!!
ReplyDeleteBest wedding ever!
ReplyDeleteLOVE this and LOVE you!!
love the post and all the pics ... esp. that one of you, M and Cal. such a great day - so happy for you both!!
ReplyDeleteHeck, you're the bride, you can write as long of a post as you want! I LOVE your dress!!! Looks like a fabulous day! :)
ReplyDeleteThe entire wedding weekend was wonderful! XOXO
ReplyDeleteCongrats you were a beautiful bride
ReplyDelete