A weekend in Chicago was just what we needed. Well actually Kirk got a whole week and I was jealous and wanted to come too. He left last Sunday for a week of sales training and I flew in first thing Friday morning. He didn't get done with training until 4 so I took advantage of Michigan Ave or should I say Michigan Ave took advantage of me. Seriously the shopping their is stupidly crazy amazing. I was in heaven and forgot how much I loved this city.
Michigan Avenue here I come.
Some of the pics I snapped on my walk to Michigan Ave.
This made me smile.
We spent Friday evening in Lincoln Park. Love love love that area. Stopped in at Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba to try and get drinks and tapas but the wait was a hour to two. Atmosphere was adorable and it smelt delish but this girl was thirsty and hungry. Next stop was at the Taco Joint. Great spot for amazing food, margs, oh and the guac was out of the world amazing. I was too hungry and forgot to take pics. Next we hit up J. Parker or so we thought. Still not sure what bar we were at but we had some amazing wine and some kind of gnocchi app. Last but not least we went to the ZOO lights in Lincoln Park. It was highly recommended and I am so glad we went. It was FREE and we were able to sip on spiced wine to keep us warm. It totally got me in the Christmas spirit.
Saturday morning we woke up and decided to hit up Orange for Brunch. We walked our happy (OMG SORE feet) little booties there to only find out that it moved to a different location. We then cabbed it to the new location. Again, highly recommended and did not disappoint at all. It was simply amazing and I forgot to take pics because I was too concerned about scarfing my food. Also, had to start the day with mimosas....the perfect start.
Next we hit up Christkindl market in Daily Plaza. Here they have little huts that have all things German and random Christmas stuff. It was super packed but we sipped on spiced wine out of a cute little das boot that you actually got to keep.
Of course we had to stop and check out da Bean.
And drinks at the John Hancock. Holy amazing view.
More site seeing. Chicago during Christmas time is fab.
Last stop was drinks and the most amazing pretzel I have ever eaten in my life at Elephant and Castle. Seriously, that pretzel was the best thing in the world and I again forgot to snap a pic.
It was a quick little trip but oh so fun. After being gone for almost a week someone was anxious to get home to this girl.
She wanted to go too.














Love Chicago, looks like you guys had fun!!
ReplyDeleteCafe Ba-Ba-Reeba is our fav!! Can't wait to be in this amazing city in just one week. eeek! Love the pics and you look adorable, as always.
ReplyDelete