Thursday, January 17, 2013

k-s-u family

Well I had originally started blogging about our little fiesta on the flight home and now 2 weeks later I'm finally around to finishing it up.  Or should I say I've finally recovered from this little fiesta that we attended. Sista has been taking a lot of siestas since we've been home. #mamasgettinoldpeople

Seriously thinking about this trip just gives me gooseys.  So many fun deetz that I just don't want to forget about.  I freaking love Bowl Game trips and we are only on our second one.  A week full of purple and KSU fans, well you just can't beat it.

First off KSU fans kick ass.  During the pep rally I looked over at Cal at one point and she was literally tearing up. The energy in that place was amazing! From the Eric Stonestreet's pep talk to Ty Zimmerman commenting about the their uniforms (hilar)...the only thing that could have made it any better is if we could have obviously finished. Oh and Collin Klein...I freaking adore him.  And let's not forget that the day we were leaving we met the Judge Arthur Brown.  He was such a sweetie and the dude gives the best hugs.  He was standing outside Cal and Tony's hotel waiting on his family.  Of course, we asked for our picture. 

So here is the rundown of how we spent our 5 days in Arizona and I apologize if you have already seen all of these pics on FB, Instagram, or Twitter.  I'm officially back to just taking pics of my dog now. Get excited.

Packing for a bowl game equals simple. No need for any other color but purple.


Kirk and I flew out NYE morning and thankfully we missed the big snow storm.  The Line's flew out later that day and their story was a tad more stressful but were able to beat the weather and arrive safe and sound, as well!

Sippin' on a mimosa during our layover in Denver.  There was purple all over that airport.



Scottsdale we have arrived.



We grabbed some drinks, ate some dinner, waited for the Lines' to arrive, and brought in the NY via Scottsdale style.  It was little tricky as to what was the hot spot. People recomended the most random spots.  For instance, Shotgun Betty's.  Not really our style so we were on to the next 'club'.



I can't even remember what the club was called but it was straight up Jersey Shore Karma style.  Seriously.  Best people watching I have done in a long time.  That place was literally bumping and what else can you do in a situation like that other than to drink through it!  



NYD we were up and at em.  The first thing that Kirk said to me that morning was 'I'm pretty sure we spent NYE at the Jersey Shore not Arizona."  Haha so true and we both felt like we took shots with pre-preg/crazy Snooks all night long.

Here's what we ate for breakfast.  The Hangover Sandwich...yes please.


Breakfast nachos...sure why not.  


And then the rest of the days were spent watching FB, eating, and drinking.  







Duck fans loved us.  


Rusty Spur...best bar ever.  


Actually I take that back.  
Gilligans hands down best bar ever.  
Little people with big beers.  
The bar was made for little people and they were everywhere.
 #modernmidgets



Gold Fish races went down here.  
I am pretty sure my fishy won and I probably should not share what my little fish was named :)


Chewy was not a fan of our KSU cheer.



Eric Stonestreet at the Pep Rally.  
Hilarious.  
I think I tweeted him 15 times that day to meet us out.


Love me some Collin Klein


Random cab ride home.
Tina Tuner and her pimp, maybe?




Back to Gillys we go.



The dangerous wheel...


HBD Sara!  
If you order a BDAY shot from there they make you take it out of a plunger.  
Loved it.


Game Day

How awesome is this pic...








Oh such an amazing trip.  
I was so sad that we lost but it was such a great season and still so so so proud to be a Wildcat.

And I saved the best pic for last....Arthur Brown in the house :)

1 comment:

  1. OMG, a midget bar?!?! One of our friends down here always jokes about opening one--guess Chuey beat him to it!! ;) Love the pics though…I was seriously living vicariously through Instagram that week!

    ReplyDelete