Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Look who's BACK!!!!!

Ok Ok Ok I’m BACK!!!! Yes Cal I will continue to blog again…but here’s the deal I would much rather read y’alls blog then mine.  I will do my best to keep up this time!  Normally my life consists of Kirk, Lucy my precious puppy, occasional happy hours with my besties, my adorable niece and nephews, and whatever else. However, things have changed since I now have some bling bling on my finger!!! Yep that’s right…Kirk proposed!  I’m planning a wedding and for those who know me I am NOT a planner nor do I have a clue what I am doing!  After 3 years of dating he finally decided to bite the bullet and get down on one knee (bless his heart)!!!  Here is how it went down…the night before the 4th he asked me if I wanted to take Luc to the park.  I of course said yes because I love taking her anywhere especially on walks.  I suggested the dog park and he told me that he wanted to go to a different park that he thought I would like.  So on the 4th I’m up cleaning like a mad women because we were having a 4th of July/Slip in Slide party.  After cleaning I got ready (thank god) and we head to Luc Park.  We are just walking around and then he tells me that he taught Luc a new trick (keep in mind that he is ALWAYS teaching Lucy new tricks)…so him and Luc walk away and I see him clip something to her collar.  He told me to call her and she came straight to me (again thank god) and there she was sitting right in front of me with a diamond ring!  He got down on one knee and I of course said YES!!!  After the park we decided to hit up Charlie Hoopers before we headed back home to have a few Bloodies (yum).  Then we headed back to the house to get ready for the slip in slide party and SURPRISE all my friends and family were there!!! He did such a great job and I’m so incredibly blessed to have such wonderful friends and family to help celebrate!  I’m a happy girl! He is hands down my absolute best friend…I love that guy to death!

Right after he proposed...how excited does Luc look??



Me and the Fiance...

The ring (please ignore the hot band-aid look)......


Getting iced....


SO yes I am trying to plan a wedding!  The date has been set. 06.11.11 back in GBK!  I’m actually quite impressed with myself, because so far I think that I have been on the ball with many things.  In fact, Kirk told me the other day that he has never seen me be so on top of anything…do you think he was politely calling me a psycho bride???  But that is my news! I can’t wait for the big day and to be Mrs. Gina Colleen Calhoon. Yep you heard it….now just try saying it 3 times really fast.  It’s a flippin mouth full…I’m having some issues with the name.  Mainly because I just kinda love Gina Colleen Penka so much but I’ll deal!  More wedding details to come…..

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back Gina!! Congrats on your engagement. Love the pics. Good luck with all the wedding planning! Sounds like you are on the right track:) If you need help with programs, let me know. I have done several of my friends' programs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I'm so happy to see this, FINALLY! And I'm loving the red!
    Muah!

    ReplyDelete