Monday, July 11, 2011

Honeymooners

I realize this is long overdue.  Like a month overdue.  I can't even believe that I've been a married old woman for a whole month and loving every minute of it.  But here is the recap of our amazing honeymoon and I seriously want to go back.  I loved everything about the 6 days Kirk and I spent in Puerto Vallarta. It was the most relaxing vacation ever.

I have a feeling this is gonna be another long way so prepare yourself.  Kirk told me that I was a little out of control with the pic taken but whatev I kept taking away. 

Day One:

Meet Mr. & Mrs. Taylor.  Dr. Thurm and I used to run track together back in highschool & we both decided to get married on 6.11.11, as well.  They were on the same flight to Pheonix with us but they were off to celebrate in Cabo.

I think they were still in recovery mode, as well


How tired do we look...Kirk stuck to Starbucks and I decided I needed Starbucks and a beer.



Arriving.  So happy to get off that overpacked plane and to the resort.  It was beautiful and we were both greeted with champagne.  They took such wonderful care with us all week long.






Checking out our resort and our kick ass honeymoon suite.  I miss it (tear).










Infinity Pool- Yes PLEASE





After checking out our room we immediately took advantage of the spa.  I have never felt soooo sore in my life and I do blame it on my BA dancing skillz at our wedding dance & it probably didn't help being sucked into my dress.  And that massage was the most amazing thing ever.  Seriously the best hour and half of my life.  Felicia rocked and I wish I could have brought her home with me.

On our way to get a masage






Afternoon snack...Mac & Cheese with lobster. DELISH

Fried Duck Rolls or something. It was amazing as well.

Getting ready for dinner


Our Mexico bracelets for the resort...sad that we had to give them back





I asked Kirk why he doesn't do this at home. He laughed.
Day Two:

We did this.  It was great.

My own cabana boy




We forgot our rafts so me being the creative person I am used the cushions and it was perfect


My husband






Off to the beach



Could not get enough of all the gorgeous sunsets







Day Three:







I could do this every.single.day






Double fisting is the only way to go in Mexico

Ready for our candle light dinner on the beach



I loved their wine bar...Cal & Em it made me miss you 




One of my favorite parts of our honeymoon







So pretty & delish

YUMMMMMM

and Yummmmm again
Day Four:

Kirk and I both have always wanted to go ziplining so we decided that is what we would do for our excursion.  Me being somewhat afraid of heights was just glad to be alive at the end of the day.  It was a ton of fun and such a rush.  But before we actually got to zipline we had to make it up the mountains first.  Ok so we saw some amazing amazing views but there were a few times that I thought this truck (we were in the back of this open truck with no seat belts) was going to just roll down the mountain.  The way back was wayyyy worst then the way up.  In fact, I told Kirk that I thought we were going to die and we would never get to see Lucy again.  But thankfully we lived...I might have been a tad dramatic but it was scary.  So once are crazy instructors taught us the ropes on ziplining we were ready to go.  After the first line I almost got stuck in the middle because I was holding onto the ropes for dear life (your not suppose to do that) and it slowed me way down but made it to the end.  One down 12 more to go.  After the first zipline Kirk and I were at the front of the pack behind the guides and I noticed that they are acting weird and whispering to each other.  I also noticed that one of the guys had a HUGE sharp stick.  Finally they turned and told the group that there was an ANGRY BULL ahead.  At this point I'm thinking FML.  I'm really gonna die and I want to quit.  And I can't forget about the kid in the bright red shirt who goes, "well what the hell...I guess I'm screwed."  So the people tell us that if we are really quiet it will be fine and he will leave us alone.  Still thinking FML.  We continue to walk and then one of the guys starts yelling "he's coming, he's coming." Remember I'm at the front with my arm looped through Kirk.  I literally turn around and run...knocking people over and Kirk is right behind me.  NEVER have I been so scared in my life.  And I wasn't the only one...the whole group.  So the end of this long story...they were just kidding and I might have wet my pants.  I should have bought the $60 video...it probably would have been worth it!






Our crazy guides

Back to the pool we go



We went into town to a restuarant that had an amazing view and amazing food

I love being a townie




Chips & Guac

Surf & Turf for 20...DEVINE
Day Five:

Another successful day at the pool.  Drink in hand and enough guac to turn my bronzed skin green.  Seriously Mexico has the best guac ever.  I think I ate it twice a day every day...sick.











Day Six:

Time to go home (tears again).  Good news for you my camera died and I only took one pic.  Six days of fun in the sun.  I normally get home sick being the homebody that I am but not this time.  Such wonderful memories and babe if your reading this you can take me back next year as a really kick ass anni present.  Oh and I love you :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like such a fabulous trip!! We honeymooned in Puerto Vallarta too... ready to go back after looking at all your pics. The guac and cerveza is calling my name...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post!!! And the bull story still makes me laugh hysterically!!

    ReplyDelete