Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cotton Bowl Recap

It was an amazing Wildcat weekend, in fact one of the best weekends we've had in a long time!  Kirk and I packed up the car and hit the road early Thursday.  Packing was a piece of cake...purple, purple, purple, can't forget the boots, and more purple.

Yes I decked out Gretta before we hit the road...car chalk and all.


Our good friend Sara and her friend Kim came along and we made it to Dallas in record time- NOT.  We were 10 miles outside of Wichita and I am being a good kid- reading my book not asking Kirk if we are there yet and the next thing I hear is a boom and me say WTbleep bleep bleep.  Well apparently we hit a fire log (you know the ones that you burn in your fire place).  It was hanging out in the middle of the road and swirved into our lane and it blew out Gretta's tire.  Thankfully the KDOT people showed up in record timing and it only took 15 mins. to change and to put my spare on.  Once we got to Wichita we had a little layover to get a new tire and we were off again.  No biggie :)


Finally, we arrive to Dallas.  Boots and Purple were on and headin' to Dowtown Fort Worth. Cutest town ever by the way.  Oh how I love Texas and since I don't have the heart to tell you to your face Mom and Denise, Kirk and I are moving to Texas.  Please don't hate us and come visit soon :)




Met up with my sista and her crew and then got to hang with these pretties, as well!





Next stop Billy Bob's.  I was in love. The World's Largest Honkey Tonk Bar...YES PLEASE.  It was a photo booth taken kinda night.  I believe we did three different photo shoots that night and I am pretty sure that we never did find Biggs a cowboy that knew how to legitmatley square dance without stepping all over her toes.  Correct me if I am wrong Biggs?!  Next time we will try harder.





Friday we woke up. Again put our boots and our purple on.  Ate some terrible breakfast at the hotel and we were off to day drink in the 70+ degrees.  I was in heaven.  I wanna go back.  I'm getting depressed blogging about this trip.  Obviously, KSU played like a bunch of scared little kitties but still were able to make the best of it.
























Just a few fun little facts...

- Jerry's World is A freakin MAZIN (Jerry's world is the Dallas Cowboy Stadium if anyone didn't know).  I had goosebumps and will be going back soon.










- They only sold Miller Light that night.  Hmmmm....someone made one big fat commiss check for that deal.  Texas peeps and Miller Light...I just don't get it.
-  They sold wine.  Yep that's right WINE!  Red, white, you name it they had it.  Enough said.
- Arkansas fans are idiots.  And the thing they yell Sueweeeee is dumb too.  One last note on this subject...check out how they dress.  Apparently, the girls are immediately going clubbin' after the game or something :)




- You can even have fun in the nose bleeds....





Love me some Texas.  The drive home pretty much sucked.  I woke up feeling like I played in the Cotton Bowl.  I blame it on the Wabash and Sara informed me that I was ridiculous.  Until next time.....

1 comment:

  1. Great pics! So jealous. I swear we were the only K-State fans in KC who didn't go. LOL about you guys hitting a fire log. In high school, I hit a Christmas tree (yes a damn Christmas tree) that had fallen off a truck in front of me.

    ReplyDelete