Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter Plans

Happy Good Friday everyone or should I just say TGIF.  No big plans other than my mama is in town, spending some QT with the family, Easter Sunday Church, eating deviled eggs, and a 3 day weekend!  I do however have plans for my mom.  This weekend I will be taking advantage of my mom's green thumb because mine is definitely not green and we plan to make this succulent wreath.  BTW am I the only person in the world who didn't realize that succulent is real?  Did you also know that you can order this gorgeous thing straight off Etsy.  Trust me the idea has crossed my mind plenty but I'll let my mom do her magic.
 
















I emailed my mom this from pinterest (shocker right) and asked if she would help me make it.  She responded back saying 'should be able to- I have some of the hens & chicks that they show that I could bring.  Will have to see if the other succulents are available at the greenhouse nurseries yet.'  My first thought was there are no hens & chicks displayed on this wreath and then my second thought was hold on is this stuff REAL?!  So yes lesson learned...succuelent is real and hens & chicks are a flower not an easter decoration.  Sorry mom...maybe someday my yard and garden will be as gorgeous as yours!

However, I did do this last weekend.  I'm pretty impressed with myself.  In fact, it was so easy that a 5 year old could have done it but a very cute and inexpensive DIY project. 


That's all I've got for now but I hope that everyone has a very safe and happy Easter weekend!

5 comments:

  1. hahaha, i would have said the EXACT same thing. "what hens & chicks??" too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW you are getting quite crafty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why haven't I seen this project!!??

    ReplyDelete
  4. um that succulent wreath is amazing. could you post how it turned out? i am really interested and my green thumb is a beginner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it didn't turn out quite like that...lol but yes!! Obviously I am behind on my blogging but excited to add a new blog to my list!

      Delete