Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekend Recap

The weekend totally flew by again. I think the world would be a better place if they would change the weekend from 2 days to 3 days.

Friday Kirk and I headed back home to good ol Great Bend, America for a fun filled packed day of wedding planning on Saturday. The planner in me was super pumped...but it turned out to be a very productive day and it is getting more and more real that I am actually getting married! We both took off early so I could make sure I got my Delgados fix. Seriously.BEST.Mexican.Food.Ever. Oh if only I could eat it every day! AND I also got a call from Ida's Friday afternoon telling me my wedding dress is here. SOOOOOO excited to see it again, except I probably should go hit the tanning beds since I am pretty sure that I am whiter than my dress.

Saturday morning Kirk and I met with our Pastor for the first time to do our wedding pre-counseling stuff. My mom and I met up with our crazy but amazing florist which I can not wait to see everything done. Last wedding to-do for the day was to hit up the GB Bridal Show. Which I am not going to lie I was completely dreading but it was great except for the fact that there was no alcohol in sight. I think that should be a no-brainer but that is just me. So all in all we got so much stuff done and the next big thing on the list is figuring out invitations and I'm pretty much done!

Now on to the craziness of the weekend. After we got through all the wedding stuff Kirk and I met everyone in Manhappy for the grand opening of Mr. K's. My friend Linz and her husband Scottie our the owners and the food and atmosphere there is awesome. I especially love their crab and lobster fondue. Cal and I prefer to eat it with a spoon. It was such a fun night that ended with flippy cup and a cab ride home. And it is now 6:30 in the evening and I haven't left the couch all day...momma's gettin old folks! If only I had pics to share. So for all you Manhappy lovers out there make sure to check it out. It's totally the best.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, as well.


1 comment: