Monday, August 29, 2011

Gone Racin'

This past Saturday Kirk and I went to Topeka to watch his brother Kaid race.  Kirk's Dad & Brother both do Modified Racing.  This is the 2nd time I have been to a race and both times I have been it has been quite the show.  People watching alone.  Enough said. This time I got to hang out in the Pit...the drivers side and let me tell you its SERIOUS business over there.  If only I knew how to help so I just drank my keystone light, ate my nachos & sunflower seeds, took pics, and again people watched.  It was great.

Welcome to Thunder Hill Speedway.















Quick snap of the races.  I obviously did not have my active setting on.















Getting the ol' race car ready for round two






























Did I mention that people spend crazy amounts of money on this sport?


































I can't remember what kinda of car this one is but 04 could use some major lovin.


Only Kaid would have this on the back of his car...


I'm getting the hang of this whole racin' biz.  It does make me extremely nervous and to the chicks that race- you go girl.  I think I would pee myself the entire time.  The night didn't end so well for Kaid.  Apparently, his steering wheel came off when he was rounding the corner which then caused a guy to tee-bone him and then another guy to rear-end him. HARD.  My heart dropped but he was ok.  His car well not so much.  I'm just glad that he was in one piece.  

The aftermath.  Just a little crunched.



And apparently if you are the guy from GB who won $80 million in the lottery this is what you spend some of you money on.  Along with 3 cars. 

Better Luck next time 7c...glad we got to see you race.













1 comment:

  1. The people watching at the races is priceless! My dad races Mods too! He used to race the Bombers, which looks similar to the car you can't remember. It also scares the crap out of me. I hate when they round the corners and you don't know if they are going to flip over the top side of the race hill. Scary stuff.

    ReplyDelete